Monday, October 29, 2007

Cybook Gen3 Packages

The Cybook Gen3 comes in two flavors - Cybook model CYBGEN310BS for 350€ and Cybook DeLuxe model CYBGEN310BD for 450€.

Cybook model CYBGEN310BS is the basic eBook reader which should serve as eBook reading device. If you are serious about reading, you can buy Cybook DeLuxe model CYBGEN310BD with brown (chocolate) leather case, earphones, 2GB SD card, external USB 700mA charger and spare 1000mAh battery. The accessories are sold separately too, so one can buy just USB charger or battery.

The external charger should charge empty battery in about 90 minutes (1000mAh / 700mA is little more than 1.4h which is about 85 minutes so adding some energy to produce heat we have about 90 minutes charge cycle).

I'm curious about spare battery as it's possible to change battery only using a small screwdriver. So it's probably not meant to switch it instantly when main battery goes off.

The Cybook Gen3 DeLuxe package is worth 143.75€. I would like to buy only leather case which looks nice, 2GB card for my whole collection of eBooks and maybe the USB charger because my computer is not in the room where I usually read books. My selection package is worth 88.85€.

As I read about 300 to 600 paper pages per month (it's up to 2000 eBook pages per month) I don't expect to kill built in battery soon so I won't buy spare battery. I also want pure eBook reader so earphones are useless for me.

No comments: